Aim of the course
The aim of the course is to introduce the idea of assembler languages, their syntax, and programming techniques for microprocessors based on assembler language. In addition, students gain skills in problem-solving at the level of machine language instructions.
1. Summary of advantages and disadvantages of low-level languages such as assembler. 2. Discussion of the modular construction of examples of CISC microprocessors: Intel 8086 and Intel 8051 processor and RISC example: Microchip PIC16C84. 3. Detailed discussion on command lists for the above microprocessors 4. Basics of writing programs in assembler languages. 5. Use of hardware and software interrupts in processors. 6. Selected programming techniques in assembler languages (such as memory addressing modes, and input / output, conditional statements, loops, chain operations, and others).
Overview of the course elements
The course comprises laboratory classes, where students gain practical skills of programming in assembler languages.
1. A. Skorupski – „Podstawy budowy i działania komputerów”- WKŁ 2000
2. P. Metzger, A. Jełowiecki, - Anatomia PC - Helion 2008
3. W. Stallings - Organizacja i architektura systemu komputerowego - WNT 2000
4. M. Mano - Architektura komputerów - WNT 1980