Interoperability Architecture (IA) provides a uniform platform for applications' development over a family of languages and software tools, in a distributed environment. As a building IA component serves STUB specified in a form of generic module which may be customized for different languages and software tools. Orbix, CORBA-compliant system is used as a glue.
Status of the project
At this moment IA enables cooperation of components from Strand (info: email@example.com), PCN, Linda, ANSA and Orbix (which also serves as a glue). One with the most important objectives of this work was achieving transparency of services' invocations between components from different environments. For this purpose, stream-like communication mechanism with other IA's environments was developed for declarative systems (Strand, PCN) and Linda, and an idea of gateway was applied for object-oriented systems (ANSA, Orbix).
- Translation of more advanced data types between various languages
- Coordination of components activity
- Trading of components services
- Distribution of Dispatching and Binding Module in Orbix
- Fault-tolerance of components cooperation